By: Hannah Gliedman
One of the best snacks to have on a snowy or rainy day is soft, delicious chocolate muffins. Not only are they delicious and healthy but a way to keep busy on a day stuck inside. With a bake time of only 30 minutes, and easy to get ingredients, these muffins are sure to be the best part of your day. This recipe consists of a chocolate muffin recipe and a chocolate frosting recipe.
What you need
- big bowl
- muffin/cupcake tray
- non stick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of avocado
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups of flour
- 1⁄2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 pack (8 ounces) of cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with wax paper or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Into a large bowl, mix the avocado, sugar, milk, vanilla, and vinegar. After mixed throughout, either by hand or with an electric mixer, add eggs in one at a time until thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Pour half of the dry ingredients and mix well, add the remaining half.
- Mix well and separate into muffin tins using either a spoon, pouring, or an ice cream scooper works very well.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are lightly browned.
- Cool for about 5 minutes, or until completely cool to frost
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt together until completely smooth
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cupcakes
Serve and enjoy.
Note: Recipe adapted from Jessica Seinfeld’s ‘Deceptivly Delicous’