By: Tasha Cudinski
Friday, February 17th, was the start of Girl Scout cookie season! There are 10 flavors of cookies available for purchase this year!
- Adventurefuls; caramel brownie cookies that were introduced last year. Thin mints; chocolate and mint wafer cookies.
- Caramel deLites; coconut cookies covered in caramel and chocolate.
- Peanut Butter Patties; a peanut butter cookie covered in chocolate.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich; two oatmeal cookies stuck together with peanut butter.
- Trefoils; shortbread cookies and the first types of cookies Girl Scouts ever sold.
- Toast-Yay; cinnamon sugar flavored cookies. Lemonades; shortbread cookies with a sweet lemony icing on the bottom.
- Caramel Chocolate chip; gluten free cookies with caramel and chocolate chips.
- And new this year are, Raspberry Rally! They are wafer cookies with raspberry flavoring and a chocolate coating on the outside.
All flavors of Girl Scout cookies are 5$ a box, even the Caramel Chocolate Chip cookies, which were 6$ last year. You can buy Girl Scout cookies from door to door sales, from cookie booths, or online. If you know a Girl Scout who is selling cookies you can also ask them about buying cookies.
This year’s new cookie flavor, Raspberry Rally’s are only purchasable online this year, so if you want to buy a box of them, then head to girlscouts.org to buy cookies once cookie season starts.
If you are worried about potential allergen in Girl Scout cookies, or have other questions about the ingredients of Girl Scout cookies, you can go to GirlScoutsRV.org where you can find more details on the ingredients of Girlscout cookies.
The money from Girl Scout cookie sales goes to the troop you buy the cookies from, and funds all of their activities for the rest of the year until the next cookie season. This money is what allows Girl Scouts to do fun activities like horseback riding, arts and crafts, skiing, attending engineering workshops, and more. The money they get from cookie sales allows Girl Scouts to learn and experience more things without having to worry about the cost of things like equipment, or activities.
This year’s Girl Scout cookie season goes from February 17th to March 26th, so if you want to buy cookies make sure to keep an eye out for cookie booths, or head online to buy yourself a few boxes of cookies.