If you’re out of ideas on what to decorate your room with, or even if you’re bored and you just want to create some crafty things for your room, here is an idea you can try. It’s really pretty simple, fun to make, and it looks really cool too.
The craft project is a “Stain Glass Votive Holder.” This is a really easy and simple decoration you can do. The materials you’ll need are:
- tissue paper in any color you want
- Mod Podge (matte finish) – in a pinch you can also use school glue
- a paintbrush
- a glass votive holder to fit your candle(s) – it could be wine tumblers or thrifted vases
- paper punches in many different shapes
- q-tips, which are optional.
Here are the 7 steps to do it:
- Choose which colors you want, and then choose a paper punch that you would like, and punch out little, small shapes of them, and set them aside.
- Then, take a bit of Mod Podge with your paintbrush and water, and mix them. It should just be a thin layer.
- Now, start attaching the punched-out paper shapes to the glass votive using your paintbrush. You could also put the Mod Podge onto the glass first, and then stick the paper shapes on.
- Then, brush over the shapes afterward to fully fill them with the Mod Podge. Wet tissue paper can rip easily, so don’t get too rough with it.
- Brush gently and take your time. Then, keep attaching more and more shapes onto the glass votive. You could overlap them if you want to.
- Once your glass votive is fully covered, set it aside to dry. When it’s dry, you’ll see the Mod Podge that isn’t covered with tissue paper. If this bothers you, you could get a q-tip and wipe it off.
- When everything is dry, just have a candle to put into the glass votive and you’re all set!
The original project can be found at: