Thanksgiving is just around the corner if you’re hosting your first Thanksgiving here are a few ideas.
- Make a plan– Get a paper and pencil out. Figure out the following things: How many people are attending? What are people allergic to? What am I going to prepare?
- Create a menu– When making your menu don’t choose over complicated dishes that take many days to prepare, choose dishes that are simple and easy to make.
- Accept help from family members and friends- Don’t refuse help. If someone offers to bring a beverage or a dessert, let them. Or if they want to help prepare the meal or help set the table, accept the help.
- Buy your groceries ahead of time– Make a list of all the things you will need, and go to the grocery store ahead of time, so you don’t go in the store at the last minute having a meltdown.
- Set the table the night before– Don’t fuss with the table on the day of Thanksgiving. Sent it the night before, so you have time to prepare any last minute things.
- Keep food warm– Use the oven if necessary so you can keep dishes warm, just don’t burn the food.
- Have fun– Thanksgiving is all about being with family. Being with family provides the opportunity for family members to spend a day engaging with one another, it’s also about being thankful for what you have.
For information visit: https://www.realsimple.com/holidays-entertaining/holidays/thanksgiving/first-thanksgiving