By: Thabash and Claire
It’s usually around fourth quarter when most students (and teachers) hit a wall. To cope with plenty of homework and stress, we’ve provided you with 4 minimal effort desserts. These recipes are simple, quick, and contain ingredients you probably already have at home.
Microwave Mug Brownie: This brownie is the perfect single person size! To jazz it up, add some ice cream or chocolate sauce.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour (white all-purpose)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, the order does not necessarily matter.
- Get two microwave safe bowls/cups/mugs to separate the batter into, the pour the mixture into th two bowls equally.
- Microwave for 55 sec on high power (adjust if needed)
Rocky Road Parfaits: This parfait satisfies any sweet tooth! It makes four servings so that you can share with your family or friends!
- Package of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups of milk
- Whipped cream
- Tiny marshmallows (optional)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Make pudding in accordance with directions. Use 2 cups of milk.
- Remove 3/4 of pudding and set aside. Fill 4 dessert dishes with remaining pudding.
- Fold whipped cream into ¾ of pudding. Then divide this mixture evenly into 4 dessert dishes (pre-filled with pudding).
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Top with marshmallows, chocolate chips, or peanuts.
Monster Cookie Bars: These M&M loaded bars are the perfect on the go dessert! This recipe yields 16-20 servings, perfect for sharing or eating over time.
- 16 ounce roll (refrigerated) of peanut butter cookie dough
- ¾ cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup M&Ms
- ½ cup coarsely chopped semi sweet chocolate
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (f). Line a 9×9 in baking pan with foil. Grease foil and set aside.
- Break down cookie dough into large bowl.
- Combine oats with cookie dough.
- Stir in both chocolates (and peanuts if desired).
- Put combination into pan and evenly spread.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
Cherry Pie Cups: These simple and easy cup are filled with a delicious cherry filling and if that’s not enough, you can switch up the flavors for a wonderful surprise.
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box SAVE $
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1 Heat oven to 425°F. Remove crusts from pouches; unroll on work surface. With 3 1/2- or 4-inch round cutter, cut 6 rounds from each crust; discard scraps.
- 2 Fit rounds into 12 ungreased muffin cups, pressing in gently. Spoon about 2 tablespoons pie filling into each crust-lined cup.
- 3 Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown and filling is bubbly.
We hope these easy dessert foods are enough to satisfy that small craving of yours or make to a perfect midnight luxury’s snack. Enjoy!