By: Pablo Contreras
Ever since I was little I always liked baking and I was getting tired of making simple things that are from the United States. I wanted to try something new that’s not from America. I wanted to try to make something new from somewhere else. So, I asked my mom for help and she told me about this recipe and I wanted to try it out.
While making this I found out that this dessert is really easy to make; it’s not complicated, it doesn’t have so many steps, and it doesn’t take long to make. The only part that takes a long time is waiting for the pie to freeze.
Once the pie was done I was a little hesitant to try it at first, but the second that I tried this delicious, crunchy, and creamy pie I loved it. Its crunchy and creamy flavor tastes so good together, plus its lime flavor made it even better.
This dessert really brings together the best of the worlds of crunchy and creamy, and I feel like everyone should try this, so here I am sharing it with everyone. Plus, if you really like these textures then this dessert is perfect for you.
Note: Just in case some of you don’t know where to find Maria cookies, you can find them at a Walmart or a Mexican store.
Now let’s get into the recipe:
Here’s a list of the ingredients that you are going to need:
- 4-5 limes
- Half a packet of cream cheese
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 packet of Maria cookies
Now that you hopefully have everything that we are going to need, let’s get into the steps to make this:
- First, cut 3 limes in half
- Then, grab a bowl and squeeze the lime juice into the bowl and set aside the bowl
- Now, clean your cutting board. Grab 10 Maria cookies and cut them in half and set aside
- Now, to make the filling, in a blender, put in half of a packet of cream cheese, add in the lime juice and the condensed milk, and mix completely
- Next, grab a pie pan and use the Maria cookies that we cut in half to cover the bottom edge of the pie pan to form the first layer. And in the center of the pan use whole cookies to cover the rest of the pie pan
- Then put some of the mix in the pan and spread it around with the spatula
- Now, fill in with more Maria cookies the same way we did it for the bottom of the pie pan and put in more of the mix and spread it around with the spatula. In total, you will have three layers
- For the final touches, cut some small lime slices and add them to the top, and use a lime and a cheese grater to sprinkle some of the lime peels onto the pie
- Lastly, freeze for about 1 to 2 hours
- When it’s fully frozen, take it out cut yourself a piece and enjoy 🙂
Here’s a picture that I took to show you all how the final product should look, and if you didn’t look at the photo at the beginning of his article, you will see the picture I took of a slice of pie that I cut for myself.