According to TheTHINGS.com, there are 15 things about High School Musical that were hidden 10 years ago, and some fun facts you didn’t know. Here are the 5 things from the list that I felt were the most interesting, but for the entire list, click on this link: https://www.thethings.com/15-things-you-never-knew-about-high-school-musical/
- The movie wasn’t supposed to be called High School Musical. The title was just a placeholder because they weren’t sure what to name it, but they kept the name at the end of finishing up the first movie.
- Zac Efron didn’t sing Troy’s singing parts in the first movie. The sweet vocals from the first movie came from Drew Seeley who auditioned for Troy’s character. Seeley sang songs like “What I’ve Been Looking For” and “Get’cha Head In The Game” but Efron, the one who played Troy, sang parts of “Start of Something New” and “Breaking Free”. The reason why Efron barely sang most of the songs was because his voice was too low for the parts. But in the next 2 movies, Efron was given all of the singing parts because his natural voice could work well.
- The snow at the beginning of the movie was actually potatoes. So when Troy and Gabriella first met, it was New Year’s Eve and snowing. It has been proven that it wasn’t snowing, and that it was flakes of potatoes after all. This wasn’t the first food product replaced as the real thing; in Pirates of the Caribbean, they used chocolate powder instead of dirt.
- Sharpay’s pink locker still exists since “High School Musical” used a real school to film the movie. The school they used in the show is real and is still operating today. The school is called East High, and it’s located in Salt Lake City, Utah, but what is fascinating is that Sharpay’s iconic pink locker is still there, and any student can have that locker each year.
- High School Musical 4 is coming out very soon, but there isn’t an exact date. This movie will be more about East High vs. West High and new characters may appear. One of them is Sharpay and Ryan’s cousin Campbell. Also, it is said that Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens will, or will not, be on the same set. But it’ll still be interesting just like the last 3 movies.