The first recipe I wanted to look at was the traditional shamrock shake. It looks super easy and you might just have the the stuff to make it in your home. Here is what you need:
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- whipped cream and cherry (if wanted)
In a blender put in ice cream, whole milk, peppermint extract and food coloring.
Mix until smooth.
When adding food coloring add just a few drops.
In this case a little goes a long way.
The next recipe I looked at was a diet shake. What you will need is:
- 3 1/2 bananas
- 5 spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoon low-fat wiped cream
Put all the stuff in a blender and mix it up. With the food coloring a little goes a long way. If you feel that you are having a hard time hiding the spinach leaves with the amount of peppermint extract just add a little more at a time to hide the taste.
The last recipe I looked at was a lactose free shamrock shake. What you will need is:
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk ice cream
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 8 drops food coloring
Mix in blender until smooth.