Bernie Sanders and young voters

If you are like me, or one of the many other young people who will be voting in next year’s presidential election, you may wondering who to cast your ballot for. You may be looking at prominent billionaire and republican candidate Donald Trump, or former first lady Hillary Clinton. But what if I were to tell you that there was an even better option, a candidate who would help out young people like me and you, and help pave the way for a more affordable and painless future.

Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders is campaigning to bring an affordable college plan that would make all public colleges and universities tuition-free. While other democratic candidates are also putting forth plans to make college more affordable, Sanders’ plan takes it a step further. This plan, known as the College For All Act, which was released last may, claims that it will eliminate federal profit from student debt and would make refinancing for students much more favorable. According to his website, Sanders’ program plans to get the funding for this endeavor from the place that he constantly harbors for sending our country into an economic crisis- Wall Street. With this arrangement the government would be covering 67% of the cost, while the states would be responsible for the remaining 33%, thus making college tuition free. For everyone.

Mr. Sanders’ college plan is an exciting proposition for young people around the country. It would ultimately eliminate not only college tuition, but years of stress and crippling debt. Plans like these have been successful in many other countries around the world, and it can be successful here as well, as long as we vote Bernie.