By: Khadar Greer
10. Megan Pete aka Megan Thee Stallion: Born in 1995, from Houston Texas.
She has been doing great in the rap industry going back, to back, to back, on the charts multiple times this year, including the Billboard Top 200, with the song “Savage, WAP” going number 1.
She’s had a lot more songs, and she’s having a fantastic year so far with the amount of views she’s having on YouTube, averaging 30 mil every month, or more.
9. Tione Merritt aka Lil TJay: Is only 18, but is reaching the charts and working with great rappers such as: Polo G Pop Smoke, A Boogie with da Hoodie, and many more artists.
He has been doing fabulous on the charts with songs “FN, Brothers,” and more fire songs. The craziest thing is, he’s come from a rough environment, coming from Brooklyn, New York.
8. Herbert Wright III aka G Herbo: The 25-year-old came from the South Side of Chicago and had an album called ‘PTSD’ that ended up on the charts at #15.
7. Dayvon aka King Von Bennett: The 26-year-old came from the most dangerous place in Chicago called “OBLOCK” and has only been rapping for 2 years. He has 2 albums that were platinum, but was sadly was killed November 6th. He had a really bright future.
6. Jonathan Kirk aka Dababy: A 28-year-old from North Carolina.
He is best known for his successful debut studio album ‘Baby on Baby.’ In 2020, he went 3-for-3 on the Billboard Top 100.
5. Derrick Banks aka Lil Durk: The 28-year-old grew up in the Englewood neighborhood of Chicago’s South Side.
The rapper/singer started issuing mixtapes through his collective OTF (Only the Family), and then suddenly became a hit maker. “Laugh now cry later,” “All love,” and much more. Can’t wait for more songs.
4. Dominique Jones Lil Baby: The 25-year-old was born in Atlanta, Georgia.
He rose to attention and acclaim in 2017. He is known for the albums: ‘My turn,’ ‘Harder than Ever,’ and most importantly, ‘Drip Harder’.
3. Symere Woods aka Lil Uzi Vert: The 26-year-old was born in North Philadelphia.
He is best known for his albums ‘Eternal Atake,’ ‘Lil Uzi Versus the World,’ and ‘Lil Uzi Versus the World Two’ with a tribute to the late great Kobe Bryant on that album.
2. Taurus Bartlett aka Polo: The 21-year-old was born on the North Side of Chicago.
His earliest songs appeared online in 2017, but it wasn’t until his first hot song, “Finer Things” that the rapper began to really go superstar status. The albums, ‘The Goat’ and ‘Die A Legend’ were huge successes.
1. Kentrell Gaulden aka NBA Youngboy: He was born in 1999 and grew up in the toughest city, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
In 2016, his first hit song ‘Outside Today’ went viral, and he instantly became a superstar with having 5 albums hit Billboard’s Top 100 in 1 year.
Can’t wait for more fire music!